Get Your Boat Ready for Winter
The snow flurries have officially begun and it is time for you to consider the hibernation of your boats and other power equipment! While many people who own these toys know how to keep them in tip-top shape throughout the warmer months, many are unaware of all the steps it takes to put them away until spring. Before you begin to panic about hiding away your favorite power toy, read our tips below. If you’re still in search of answers, never hesitate to contact Peak Xceleration!
At Peak Xceleration, we can make sure the inside of your boat is ready for a long winter’s rest.
- First, we will give your boat an oil and filter change
- Then we put a fogger in the motor. This will help to prevent rust and corrosion.
- We will flush the water motor and use a sort of antifreeze inside.
- Lastly, we will add fuel stabilizer.
Once you get it home, there are a few steps for you to complete yourself before saying goodbye to the boating days for another year:
- Make sure all water has been drained from the inside of the boat, especially the haul as this will freeze during the winter months.
- Remove the battery and store it inside, somewhere warm and dry.
Of course, some boat owners will be able to complete most of these steps on their own, but Peak Xceleration is available whenever you need a professional to make sure your boat will be in great condition come spring.
For other power equipment, the way to store them for the winter is a bit less complicated. There are a few main things to remember:
- Store the equipment somewhere dry and covered so no elements are able to reach it.
- Make sure you use a coolant that is safe in the cold (-35 degrees)
- Use a fuel stabilizer; and if you are unsure of what to use make sure to ask.
Boats and power equipment are an investment you can’t afford to make every year. So, before the real snowfall hits, make sure to take the time and store all your toys away properly. For more information on specific brands or if you have questions, Peak’s staff will do their best to have the answers for you.